digimaster wrote:
> You must setup one spotify accont in LMS.
> And after that, and enable spotify connected on the player page.
> Then it works.

My original question regarding this was to avoid this.

Pre-registering Spotify accounts is not required if players can be
announced on the local network.

This is however only possible on a few platforms due to interference
with the avahi-service. The QNAP-platform is one of those with this
problem, hence my question if this was something you could look into.

Running Spotify without the need of pre-registering accounts or without
the need to select an account for each player would greatly
enhance/simplify the usage.

It seems you were on to how to do this but then stopped, thinking this
was not needed.

I read it as you did not fully understand  the difference of locally
announce all Players to all Spotify apps on the LAN vs. explicitly
announcing a specific Player to a specific Spotify account on the WAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ -QTS 4.2.6- (4x 2TB, RAID5)
Services: LMS- 7.9.1 -,  QLMS- 1.07.3-    'QLMS at QNAP club'
(https://www.qnapclub.eu/sv/qpkg/545)
Squeezebox:  6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
Other:  iPeng on iPad and iPhone