JohnB wrote:
> I seem to have a problem in how the version of Sox (14.4.3) installed
> with LMS 7.9.2 treats Windows filepaths - in that it doesn't seem to
> support them.
>
> Can someone please check whether that is the case?
>
> The Inguz DRC plugin uses the Sox installed with LMS to resample filter
> impulse files to match the sampling rate of the audio data when they
> differ.
>
> It is quite possible that I am doing something stupid but after doing
> tests with the sox command line in the Windows Command window, it looks
> as though this version (14.4.3) of Sox no longer supports Windows file
> paths, i.e. the backslash and the ":" as in, say,
> C:\folder1\folder2\filename and exits with Exit Code 2 (file not found)
> if the inputfilename contains a Windows path.
>
> (The LMS 7.9.2 Sox on my Ubuntu system appears to work fine.)
>
> (I originally mistakenly posted this in the Developer's Section - now
> deleted.)

Hi John,

I sent a PM it seemed to lose some characters so I'll try again here!

John,
Just a thought...
Looking more closely at the log extract, could it be that the windows
folder separator is "" while for Ubuntu it is "/" ?

ie for windows it's
c:\folder1\folder2\filename … etc

for ubuntu it would be equivalent to
c:/folder1/folder2/filename … etc

This sort of thing has always been an issue between windows and
unix/Linux.
The earlier part of the log shows full windows pathing but later shows
unix/Linux pathing.

Bob

2 x Touch
2 x Radio
2 x Boom
1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496