As I never pass a chance to being adventurous, I tried that.
Unfortunately, there is some "libz" missing. I was able to install the
also missing gcc, but I don't know how to get this "libz". I installed
"zlib1g" but it didn't help.

You'll need the dev package in addition to the library itself: zlib-dev or zlib1g-dev

Would it even work if I compile it on my Pi and copy whatever I get to
my NAS' (Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux / Perl Version: 5.24.4 -
x86_64-linux-thread-multi) LMS?

No. Pi is ARM based, not x86. And it would take forever to build, compared to what the x86_64 would need.

--

Michael