mherger wrote:
> > So it looks like it's just mppdec from SV7 tools that's needed, not
> the
> > SV8 tools mpcdec.
>
> The lookup indeed is only done by filename. Would be interesting if a
> symlink to the new filename would have worked?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I created a symlink and checked that mppdec now invoked mpcdec, which it
did:

$ /usr/bin/mppdec
mpcdec - Musepack (MPC) decoder v1.0.0 (C) 2006-2009 MDT

But sadly no dice:  when I now try to play an mpc file in LMS, the
elapsed seconds don't even count up.

So, the furthest I've got remains at elapsed seconds counting (which
presumably means LMS is doing -something -with the mpc file), but no
sound.