edwin2006 wrote:
> Allright perhaps I was a bit short in explanation.
> If the SB is connected via wifi then a solution would be to place wifi
> on a scheduled base. So wifi is only working from day 10 AM until 15.00
> pm.
>
> A lot of sb's are connected via wifi and if one thing is critical in a
> good working SB environment than it is a good working network (cable or
> wifi).
> One brand that provides good wifi is ubiquiti and it has also that
> capability of making a schedule.
>
> So using ubiquiti would give you a solution for OP question and also
> provides good wifi and so avoid network related problems with lms.
> Assuming the cabled part of router and switch is also in good condition
> and proper configurated.
>
> Regards, edwin

Many thanks for the detailed explanation! Unless I'm misunderstanding,
this solution requires switching off the entire wireless network in
order to silence one player?

It might be possible to set up a virtual network, which is only accessed
by the Squeezebox that needs to be silenced. But in that case, this is
becoming nearly as complicated as my ramblings about creating a virtual
player to load a url.

In any case, it's certainly a valid approach, worth considering, and
good to have it included in this thread. Again, thanks for explaining!