Hi Michael,

thanks for your thoughts!

My first problem actually is to find the location of the LMS cache
folder. Any idea where I would find it on a QNAP NAS? Unfortunately
QNAP's file station, which is the app to manage the files on the NAS,
keeps all apps and app related data (as well as system and system
related data) invisible and thus nothing in there is manageable via file
station (as far as I know) even if being logged in as administrator.

So probably we need to connect via ssh and execute a command line to do
that. But to do so 1.) the location of the cache folder must be clear
and 2.) I'd need the assistance of someone who is able to express the
command lines needed – do you think you support me?

As for third party plugins – yes I have some loaded. As far as I
remember these are:

AirPlay Bridge
Band’s Campout
Multi Library
Music and Artist Information
Radio Paradise
Song Info (not sure)
Song Lyrics (not sure)
Spotify for Squeezebox. Still Spotty

Out of these I would suspect Multi Library and Music and Artist
Information might possibly access the database file.What do you think?
Would it make sense to restart LMS with all third party plugins
disabled?

Best
Stefan