This is what I performed at the end of last year:

First:

[ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ]
[ rm -R SlimServer/ ]
[ ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh start ]
[ ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh stop ]
[ rm -r SlimServer/Cache ], [ rm -r SlimServer/prefs ]

Then:

[ cp -RP /share/*/Multimedia/prefs SlimServer/ ], [ cp -RP
/share/*/Multimedia/Cache SlimServer/ ]
[ ls -l SlimServer/]

Finally:

[ chown -R squeezeboxserver SlimServer/ ] , [ chmod -R 0755 SlimServer/
]
[ ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart ]

Does anything of that that help to restore the settings after I
installed LMS from scratch?

Furthermore I found you suggestions: For a backup do
./QLogitechMediaServer.sh backup, to restore ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh
restore ! But I think I never did use this command lines.

Best regards
Stefan