Hi everyone,
to tag the files I use a combination of MusicBrainz Picard (for a first
exact classification) and Mp3tag (for some refinement and
personalization).
Among the standard MusicBrainz tags there are also the original year and
date of the first release (ORIGINALYEAR and ORIGINALDATE), ie the date
of first release of a work, while the YEAR and DATE tags are used to
identify the year and the date of the specific release that is being
tagged.
For example, if I tag "Foxtrot" by Genesis from the 2008 SACD box set, I
will have YEAR = 2008 and ORIGINALYEAR = 1972.
Well, not wanting to alter the use of these two fields, I wonder if
there is a solution to ensure that LMS (actually I use Daphile but it is
the same) and the connected clients list the albums by sorting them by
descending ORIGINALYEAR instead of YEAR.
Thanks bye.

EJ