mnd wrote:
> Bummer.
> While not being able to install QLMS, I am also considering using
> Raspberry Pi as a nas. But even if I could get rid of the qnap at an
> acceptable loss of money, I still can't decide what to do with the HDD's
> - is it worth trying to use the current 3.5 inch drives with the
> Raspberry Pi, or it would be much simpler to just get new external usb
> drives. What other hardware are you thinking about with the Raspberry
> Pi?
>
> EDIT: Version 2.10.02 of QLMS installed successfully on a TS-231P nas.
> This makes me vary happy and I hope I can keep enjoying Logitech Media
> Server without investing into new hardware for a considerable amount of
> time.
>
> Thanks alot, digimaster !Nice that the latest version works.
The trouble was the root/admin user. Some Qnap systems need it, to run
lms in chroot.

As I already earlier wrote, the error has nothing to do with the update
off QTS.
The only error why 2.10.02 won't start, could be the dbus, from this
version checks if there really is a dbus socket avaible, if not will
give a error.

But what still surprise me, that nobody checks any logs. So please on
trouble, read and check the several logs.

Send from my mobile Phone

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*