ghulse wrote:
> Sorry if this information is already out there. I did spend a lot of
> time searching.
>
> I want to migrate all of my lossless music files from a MacMini running
> LMS to a Synology 218+ NAS. Basically I want to copy all of my music to
> the NAS and set up a Rasberry Pi as an LMS  server, but I'm a little
> fuzzy on some of the details.
>
> My Synology NAS will be ethernet connected to our internet
> server/router.
>
> Does my Rasberry Pi, running PiCorePlayer, have to be directly connected
> to the NAS or can it connect via WiFi? If it it has to be directly
> connected, how so? USB or ethernet?
>
> Sorry, I know this is a very basic sort of question.

Your Pi would be connected to your router, not your NAS, preferably by
ethernet.

*Server - LMS 7.9.2 *Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b1 18K library, playlists & LMS
cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Squeezebox Boom
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi