Gentlemen, ta very much, those tips worked to get me back and running
with LMS.

As I and may others have said before, what on earth would we do without
such helpful people at this helpful forum?

Before I  go...

In case anyone in the future is as daft as me (and using MacOS) and
lands here for advice...

To manually turn the server off when access is blocked, Michael's path
is accurate. Open that text file, copy it, paste it into Terminal, and
return. LMS is off.

Path to the server,prefs is:

~/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/server.prefs

Open with Textedit or similar. The relevant line to change to a 0 is
"ts_allowedHosts:"

Start LMS in usual way. All good.