DOUBLE OUCH!

With a 57,000+ library, converting all mp3 to flac isn't happening in my
lifetime (roughly 75% are mp3).

You've been a great help, but we can stop this now. I'd hoped doing this
would be relatively easy, but it (as is true of much in life) is not. It
would be far easier to do this with cabling out of my rPi setup. That's a
bit permanent, which I'd hoped a software implementation would avoid, but I
see now given your replies that even a software implementation is neither
trivial nor "switchable" (as in switch from stereo to mono at will).

Makes me appreciate that mono-defeat button on old FM stereo receivers!

Again, your replies are much appreciated.

Guy Stalnaker
jimmyg...@gmail.com