diode84 wrote:
> It is slowly making sense.
> If I input (sudo ir-keytable -p all -c) I get:
>
> KEY_UP 0x458
> KEY_DOWN 0x459
> KEY_RIGHT 0c45b
> KEY_LEFT 0x45a
> KEY_ENTER 0x45c
> KEY_PAUSE/PLAY 0x42c
>
> There is no vol+ or vol- on the remote so can I pick any two suitable
> keys.
>
> Next if this is enough what would the keytable file look like.
> I do not understand the next step going to linux keycodes.

Had to go back and check myself !

Now put those values into a config file say DiodesTables.conf avoid
extended chars spaces etc in filename

In the form :-

# Description remark

KEYCODE<tab>KEY_PRESS

Heres one of mine :-

Code:
--------------------

  # table: slimdevices, type: nec
  0x6e00  KEY_MINUS
  0x6e01        KEY_EQUAL
  0x6e02  KEY_POWER
  0x6e03  KEY_Z
  0x6e04  KEY_C
  0x6e05  KEY_B
  0x6e06  KEY_A
  0x6e08  KEY_P
  0x6e07  KEY_UP
  0x6e09  KEY_LEFT
  0x6e0b  KEY_RIGHT
  0x6e0d  KEY_DOWN
  0x6e0f  KEY_1
  0x6e10  KEY_2
  0x6e11  KEY_3
  0x6e12  KEY_4
  0x6e13  KEY_5
  0x6e14  KEY_6
  0x6e15  KEY_7
  0x6e16  KEY_8
  0x6e17  KEY_9
  0x6e19  KEY_0
  0x6e18  KEY_F
  0x6e47  KEY_F
  0x6e1a  KEY_SLASH
  0x6e46  KEY_SLASH
  0x6e1b  KEY_COMMA
  0x6e1c  KEY_DOT
  0x6e1d  KEY_S
  0x6e1e  KEY_LEFTBRACE
  0x6e45  KEY_LEFTBRACE
  0x6e1f  KEY_G
  0x6e0e  KEY_SEMICOLON
  0x6e20  KEY_L
  0x6e44  KEY_H

--------------------

If you store it on your laptop you can then use the pCP WEB GUI to
upload it under Tweaks>IR Page>Kernel Keytables

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS