I've been fighting for a while to get one of my favorite streams to play
on LMS:

https://s2.voscast.com:8969/stream.ogg

When I try to play the URL the server log will output:

Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::statHandler (149) Error: 00:04:20:29:37:a4:
Decoder does not support file format, code 0

If you try to play the stream in a browser, or look at the 'stream
description' (https://s2.voscast.com:8969/), you can see that the
content type is "audio/mpeg" but the stream seems to describe itself as
".ogg". My best guess is that this apparent mismatch is confusing LMS,
though the stream plays fine in my browser, so I'm not really sure.

Even if there's no way to fix this I'm really just curious to understand
why it doesn't work, and I'm hoping that any folks here more
knowledgeable might be able to help me figure it out. :-)