NoDad wrote:
> The issue I'm having is not with ReplayGain. It was brought up as
> someone noticed it was a little off. Which may have been me scanning the
> songs incorrectly.
>
> My issue was and still is with songs not showing in certain genres.
> Doing some testing it might be a bug in the system. LMS doesn't seem to
> recognize a genre assigned to only compilation albums. For example, my
> wife wanted me to rip her parents Reader's Digest compilation LP albums,
> which  (as the good husband I am :-) I did.
>
> A new genre for these songs; "Digest" was created. None of the
> songs/albums show up under this genre. As a test I changed a Frank
> Sinatra album to the "Digest" genre. Once I did, not only did the
> Sinatra album show up in the "Digest" genre, but also all Sinatra songs
> from the Reader's Digest compilation albums.
>
> Changing the Sinatra album back to Easy Listening genre, removed both
> the album and all Sinatra songs on the RD albums from being listed in
> the "Digest" genre. After each change I "Clear the library and rescan
> everything" to make sure the changes are implemented.
>
> Is this happening because I'm using a non-standard genre? Or, is it a
> bug which prevents LMS from recognizing genres for compilation albums?

I don't think it is the nonstandard genre. I have lots of those.  It may
be related to how LMS deals with artists that are ONLY in a complilation
album.  (this may have been changed in newer LMS versions, but at least
in the old days this was an issue.)  That is, if an artist is ONLY
represented in a compilation album but nowhere else in the library, that
artist name didn't show up when browsing by artist.  One needed at least
one track in a noncompilation album with that artist name.   Something
like that, this is all based on memories of things a while back....  So,
maybe your DIGEST artists are only represented in compilations. take
another noncompilation album, give it the name of one of the artists in
the reader's digest comp, and see if that makes the DIGEST albums show
up.  Just as a test.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5) -or- rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) -or- rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify