Here's a new one.

For all versions of LMS later than 7.9.3-1596358162 (Aug 3, 2020) I lose
all LMS permissions to access the external drive containing my Media
Folder.

Deleting and re-selecting permissions for perl and bash after a later
build install and reboot do not restore the permissions.

Running the usual terminal commands 'sudo mkdir -p
~/Library/Logs/Squeezebox' & 'sudo chown $USER
~/Library/Logs/Squeezebox' don't help either.

But rolling back the installation to 7.9.3-1596358162 always restores
full permissions.  So for now, I am trapped at that build version.

Has something changed after that particular build that requires
something more to maintain permissions?