It's a symptom of a larger issue we'll be facing with the Windows
builds: its outdated SSL library which can't easily be updated.

Is the difficulty to update SSL Library  a Perl version (5.14 is too
old)  issue or an Activestate one ?

I don't know whether 5.14 is too old to build an up-to-date IO::Socket::SSL with dependencies. It would be one way to address this issue. But compiling Perl dependencies on Windows is always a bit of a struggle.

Updating Perl to get updated SSL support OTOH would require to re-build all other dependencies...

Add to this that the Perl SDK we're using to bundle the application and provide a service wrapper etc. is deprecated. ActiveState recommends NOT to use it any more.

--

Michael