streumix wrote:
> Well, I thought about this option as a last resort. But since the music
> db / metadata is already present in RAM, I really like efficient concept
> of having a plugin re-using this content instead of building up it's own
> db cache a second time.
> (Is Plex working based on a persistent database of media content, or is
> it responding dynamically from disk causing continuous disk access when
> browsing?)
>
> Anyway, it sounds like you had exactly the same issue. Is this correct?
> (Would be soothing not being alone :) )

If you search around you will find people talking about rogue uPnP/DLNA
devices (often TVs) flooding the network and causing the LMS uPnP/DLNA
interface to fail.
I used to get this which was one of the reasons why I added a Plex
server - the other was streaming ripped DVD's - Plex seems to handle it
better.
Yes there are 2 x Db's as a result but the overhead is tiny.

I have
Linux LMS server with OS, db and cache on SSD -> media files on NAS via
NFS
Linux Plex server on standard HD -> media files on same NAS via NFS
and to be complete
Dev Pi4 LMS server -> media files on same NAS via NFS

Although I do have Plex pointing at my music files I rarely use DLNA for
music. Its predominatly for video streaming and using Plex clients (e.g.
on Amazon Fire) rather than DLNA.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng