Ge Ba wrote:
> Ralphy,
> finally I managed to compile sox from your source code git for LMS, with
> iPKG on my Synology DS216Play (armv7l). :D
>
> During compile, I did get some warnings, but up to now I haven't
> realised any issue with it.
>
> To be sure, I wanted to ask about the following issue pointing to
> patches not being able to run as expected.
> Untarring flac-1.3.2.tar.gz...
> ./buildme-linux-armel.sh: line 89: patch: command not found
> Untarring sox-14.4.3.tar.gz...
> ./buildme-linux-armel.sh: line 127: patch: command not found
> ./buildme-linux-armel.sh: line 128: patch: command not found
>
> For what are these patch runs required? If I need to run them, how can I
> do it?
>
> Thanks again very much,
> Gerhard

Yes the patches are needed, especially the one to restore short options
as LMS still uses them in convert.conf.
You need to either install the patch package, if there is one from
Synology.  If not, you can build 'patch from source'
(ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/patch).
Alternately, have you tried running the 'arm sox binary from LMS'
(https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/raw/public/8.0/Bin/arm-linux/sox)?
It has dsd support.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.