I bought a Vortexbox Appliance back in 2011 and haven't really touched
it since.  It is running LMS 7.8.0.   I no longer use the vortexbox for
ripping or anything like that.  It runs LMS so I can listen to my music
library and stream Tidal.  That (and a little home backup) is all the
Vortexbox is used for.

VortexBox SW Version: 2.3
Linux OS Version: Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

I have a SB Touch, 2 radios, and a Boom. I control them with the
Squeezer app on Android. It has been wonderfully problem-free setup for
almost 10 years now.

Unfortunately Tidal no longer works and I have read on this forum that I
need to update to 8.0 to get Tidal working again.

I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish this, and I don't even know
where to start.

I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right
direction.  (Or am I at the point where I should figure out a completely
different way to run LMS?)

Thanks.