Settings would be easy. But the plugins? I always say "don't mess with
the LMS managed plugins", because it can be a mess. Backup might work,
but restore not. Might help in cases where a plugin disappears from the

net. But in general it's not a good idea.

I was  not thinkng of backing up the actual plugin, but rather something
using a list of installed plaugins so that the freshly installed LMS
knows what plugins it would would need to install in order to be
restored to its previous state. What ever works best.

mherger wrote:
>  [color=blue]The restore part will require some more work (to make it
> automatic): LMS
> keeps the prefs in memory and writes them out to the config files before
>
> shut down. Which means that if we restored the files at runtime, the
> restored files might get overwritten again with the old configuration.
> ------------------------
> And what if after the restore LMS fails to start up? Some path might
> have changed or the like?
> [color=blue]

One option would be make this only availible on a fresh install.

mherger wrote:

> Yep, that part is obvious.

Great

mherger wrote:

> Not what I was referring to. But you should have a backup strategy for
> _any_ computer. And the LMS backup could just be part of it.
>
> Michael

What other option does LMS offer ?

mherger wrote:

> If you don't back up your NAS, then good luck... you accidentally delete
> file? It's gone. No matter whether it's your wedding photos, tax
> declaration or LMS configuration.
>
> Michael
I would have a hard time recreating a lost photo, however a LMS setup
can be recreated, it just takes time to set it all up and I would be
happy to fiind a more streamlined way of doing that.