Paul Webster wrote:
> Looks like webmin has a few different ways of getting the package
> https://doxfer.webmin.com/Webmin/Software_Packages#The_Software_Packages_module
>
> Challenge is for someone who knows webmin to specify what is exactly
> needed.
> One way to do it, I guess, would be to put something local in place on
> own web server and have it reformat the response to one that webmin can
> consume.
>
> Once that technique is done ... then next step would be to do the same
> on an lms community managed page or even inside LMS itself.

Thanks for all the replies. I presume Webmin is just placing a graphical
interface on the yum process.

The 'software packages' module you linked to is the way I do it now by
downloading the latest package on my PC and using the 'From uploaded
file' option to transfer it to the server and install it.

However, there is an easier way if a repository is available with the
latest version of LMS. For example, I have added the published
repository for Plex to Webmin. This allows Webmin to create
notifications of new updates and simplifies the download and
installation process.

The 'Software Packages Updates' > 'Package Repositories' module allows
the management of repositories:

33017

The Plex repo I added is highlighted.

New package repositories can be added:

33018

I have tried adding the normal URLs but these do not work.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Hu.

|Filename: New repo.png                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33018|