erland wrote:
> Is album critical for browsing classical music or would it make sense to
> use ALBUM tag to represent the recording, so for a mixed composer/work
> release you would use multiple ALBUM tags ? Basically use ALBUM tag for
> the information previously mentioned in the thread as RECORDING if I’m
> getting this right ?
>
> I get the feeling that the actual packaging on a CD is less interesting
> for classical music compared to pop/rock music. For classical I suspect
> the interesting group of tracks to keep together is rather the work or
> recording.
>
> The album could still make sense when structuring the files on disc to
> be able to find the physical CD a track was ripped from but I suspect it
> isn’t really critical when selecting what to play.
I believe using Album for Work is quite common. It avoids the need for
extra tags for Work, Movement and WorkArtist.  I wanted to preserve the
concept of Album, since I quite often play all of an Album containing
several multiple-track Works.

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.