Pommes wrote:
> I have the latest custom firmware on touch, i downloaded
> fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.tar.gz, i can ssh into touch and modify
> /etc/init.d/rcS.local, but in which folder would i put the
> fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.tar.gz, do i need to unzip it first? And where would
> i put the .openvpn, and do i need to put the ca , key or crt or anything
> else in some specific folder? And where do i put the user and password.
> I know, a lot of questions but I hope i can get the answers here, i
> really would like to try this:-)
> some hints, please?  and maybe i can find out the rest via google...
>
> Thanks, regards
> Pommes

Okay.  I've add 'fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezeos/fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip/download)
which only has the openssl version of openvpn and the tun kernel
driver.

The openvpn client on the touch is not something I'm prepared to support
going forward, so hopefully this is enough to get you going.

Upload fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip and your openvpn config/cert files to the
/dev folder on the touch.

Code:
--------------------

  # Extract the zip file.
  cd /dev
  unzip fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip

  # Move openvpn to /usr/sbin and make it executable
  mv /dev/openvpn /usr/sbin
  chmod 755 /usr/sbin/openvpn

  # Move the tunnel kernel module
  mv /dev/tun.ko /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-rt16-332-g5849bfa

  # Create /etc/openvpn for your config files.
  mkdir -p /etc/openvpn

  # Copy/move your openvpn config files from /dev to /etc/openvpn

--------------------

Then in /etc/init.d/rcS.local add

Code:
--------------------

  #!/bin/sh

  # Load the tunnel kernel module.
  insmod  /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-rt16-332-g5849bfa/tun.ko

  # Start openvpn
  /usr/sbin/openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/touch.ovpn --daemon

  # Make rcS.local executable
  chmod 755 /etc/init.d/rcS.local

--------------------

You can add any additional command line options you need as well.

Be careful as you can end up blocking ssh access when openvpn starts and
the only way to get it back is to factory reset the touch.

I'd suggest you don't automatically start openvpn in rcS.local until
you're confident that you have a working VPN connection and can still
ssh into the touch.

Also if you need openvpn to update /etc/resolv.conf then you'll also
need to upload/create a  script that parses DHCP options from openvpn to
update resolv.conf
and add something like this to your openvpn config file.

Code:
    up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
  down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.