mherger wrote:
> > So my plea is, Let Random be Random!
>
> C'mon! Now that the topic caught my interest, you're killing it again
> :-D
>
> I'll take a not to introduce yet another preference should I succeed to
>
> implement something less random than what people consider not random
> enough...

It wasn't my intention to kill the topic! I think there are lots of
options that could make sense. For instance: do not repeat artist, album
or song title within X entries.

I also think options for weighted random play could be useful. Here's
what I mean: suppose my library included 600 Western Swing tracks, 300
Chicago Blues tracks, and 100 Be-bop tracks. But I want a random
playlist that's 75% Chicago Blues, 15% Be-bop, and 10% Western Swing.

But yes, I hope there will always be an option for random to be as
random as possible! It does sometimes defy expectations, but that's not
necessarily a bad thing.

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.