I can replicate this quite simply.

Stop LMS.
Disconnect host from network (e.g. turn wi-fi off).
Start LMS.
Observe that only "App Gallery" appears under "My Apps" in the web
interface.
Stop LMS.
Reconnect host to network.
Start LMS.
Observe that "My Apps" will now be fully populated. "App Gallery" does
not appear therein.

I've occasionally noticed this before. I guess absence of a connection
to "LMS in the cloud" is the cause. Reasonable, perhaps, if all of "My
Apps" are driven from "LMS in the cloud", but not so reasonable where
locally installed plugins have also installed themselves into the "My
Apps" menu.

On Squeezeplay, the "My Apps" and "App Gallery" menu items will simply
not show up on the UI in these circumstances.