Apesbrain wrote:
> If you need it, the 7.8.0 firmware is here:
> http://update-origin.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/8.3.0/ =>
> "fab4.bin" is for Touch.
>
> Copy that file to the root of a USB flash drive.  Insert into USB at
> rear of Touch.  Press "Reset" button.  IIRC, Touch will detect and offer
> to install new firmware upon restart.
>
> There are later versions as I'm running "fab4_8.0.1_r16862", but I can't
> find any download locations.  These typically install via LMS "Community
> Firmware" plugin, and I'm assuming you are no longer running LMS.  Maybe
> try 7.8.0 first and if it works that avoids further complication.  If
> you don't already the have EDO applet installed on your Touch, good
> instructions are here:
> https://darko.audio/2012/05/enhanced-digital-output-applet-for-squeezebox-touch/
>
> Running EDO, Touch will pass via USB and coax up to PCM 24/192 and DSD64
> packed as DoP (for DACs that support it.)  Please report back on how
> things work out.

Firmware 7.7.3 is asscociated with mysqueezebox dot com or very old
versions of LMS

You can install EDO on this version;

Settings > Advanced > Applet Installer > deselect Recommended Applets
Only

EDO should then be available from Applet Installer

[ If you return to Applet Installer, there is an option to Reinstall
after Firmware Update. I seem to remember that EDO re-installs
regardless :) ]

If you then install a local LMS v 8. x.x (above 7.9.3 or 9.4 I think is
necessary) on a computer and on the Touch go to

Settings > Advanced > Software Update

There will be the option to upgrade to 7.8.0 r16754

ronnie

I think you may / will need a local LMS in anycase (I'm not sure about
this last bit