I've seen a similar effect recently (though on my Windows server the
impact is only about 5-10% CPU use), have not determined any rhyme or
reason as to what causes some stations to exhibit it.

I have noticed, however, that I can eliminate the higher CPU usage by
changing "Streaming mode for HTTP(S)" in Settings > Advanced > Network
from "persistent mode" to "normal streaming". However, since normal
streaming causes problems with playback of podcasts, I keep persistent
mode turned on and just live with the occasional higher CPU utilization.