Hi all,

today I found out I am experiencing a problem with a rather unusual
constellation:
In my LMS media library I have an artist with two "albums" of the same
title.
How come? Actually only one is a real album while the other one is just
an EP.
(FYI: The band is Evanescence who released a self-titled EP in 1998 and
a self-titled Album in 2011.)

The problem is in the LMS UI where I don't see these two as separate
albums, but they are merged together and shown as one album (see
screenshot):
36444
(Note: The screenshot is made from the Material skin, however I get the
same result with the Default skin.)

Is there any way to tell LMS these are two different albums?
If I cannot tackle this by myself, is there any chance to get a fix for
this?
E.g. based on the YEAR tag in the metadata of the file?
Or based on any other tag(s) which would offer hints for resolving the
ambiguity in such constellations, e.g. TOTALTRACKS, TOTALDISCS, LABEL,
MEDIA, MUSICBRAINZ_RELEASEGROUPID, MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMTYPE, ... (just
listing some potentially helpful tags I found in my media files)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Christoph

|Filename: 13-12-_2021_17-05-39.jpg                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36444|