Annie Body wrote:
> Originally posted this on the Squeezebox forum. Moved to here following
> a feedback suggestion.
>
> I had to restore a Win 10 backup due to one of the regular problems
> with it not working!
> After which I noticed the Tray Icon was not appearing after restart
> any more.
> As everything looked fine I decide to uninstall then reinstall.
> .

I am not a windows expert, more of a victim. I moved to a raspberry pi
for LMS (as suggested) and have not looked back.

But, having run LMS on windows I have seen your initial problem.
Especially "where is the icon"? I assume after your first install LMS
ran? Did you look to see if the LMS icon in the tray was hidden (click
the '^'). If so, you can choose to "show" the icon (right click
'^'->taskbar settings->notification area).

Also, it seems to me that "administrator" restrictions are worse in
win10 than win7. I am always logged in as an administrator, yet I run
into all sorts of issues that boil down to having to right click->run as
administrator. Freefilesync is an example, where it didn't use to
happen.

as @bpa suggests, clean up the mess and start with a fresh install of
8.2 making sure you are logged in as an administrator, then explicitly
install and run as an administrator. Then as @slarti suggests, get on a
preorder list for a raspberry pi 3b+ or 4, power supply, case, micro SD
and whatever storage you need.

Every time you have an opportunity to disconnect your life and happiness
from windows is time and $ well spent.

Jim