I brought up the same thing a while back when I ran a 2nd LMS so that I
could more easily work on plugin testing while someone else is listening
to stuff.
I agree that it is a bit of a pain.
Squeezelite and bridges migrate to the LMS that they can find if the one
that they were connected to disappears (e.g. restart on plugin update).

Setting the IP address in Squeezelite is a possible way of doing things
- but I have held off doing it because I have held off assigning IP
addresses to things (even in router) unless it is essential.
My reasoning behind this in a bit of a stretch but I like the idea that
I could change the IP address of the network (e.g. pick up the equipment
and move it to another building and it would, mostly, work).
Of course, other things that I have put in place (e.g. a router behind
the ISP router and even AirPort Express sitting in a travel bag
pre-configured as an access point with same SSID/passphrase as home)
mean that this is almost never going to be an issue ...

Paul Webster
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, abc
australia and cbc/radio-canada
and, via the extra \"radio now playing\" plugin lots more - see
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115201-announce-radio-now-playing-plugin