sodface wrote:
> Ralphy, thanks! That's working BUT (and I hate to complain) there's a
> delay of about 7-8 seconds on boot between when the jivelite UI is
> displayed and when the squeezelite player is automatically selected. I
> wasn't seeing this delay when I did my hack patch above. After boot and
> first load, if I exit and then restart jivelite, the player is there
> basically immediately. I'm not sure what the difference is between first
> boot and a restart of jivelite, possibly nothing to do with jivelite but
> something else at boot time is causing the delay? Anyway, for a more
> "normal" use case where you wouldn't reboot often, this fix would be
> great, but for this project, this will be in my car so it will be power
> cycling often and I need to keep the time from power on to player
> available as short as possible.
>
> I'll look at it some more and see if I can better understand where the
> delay is coming from.

It's great that the change allows jive to connect.  The problem has been
an issue with both squeezeplay and jivelite for a long time.
I didn't test the change in an network isolated environment, so can't be
sure what's causing the delay.

Are you using bonding?  I've noticed that sometimes it takes a longer
time to connect via ssh to my aopen with it enabled?

It's a small annoyance to have the ability to connect an ethernet cable
when the wifi link fails and the same mac address regardless of which
interface is active.

sodface wrote:
> Also, I posted an old APKBUILD file in another thread and for this patch
> testing I updated it and I believe corrected the SPDX license identifier
> to "BSD-3-Clause". Do you concur? Sorry for having it at Public-Domain
> originally, I had copied an existing APKBUILD for something else as a
> starting point and never corrected it.

No problem.  Yes, that's the right license.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.