results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=116014
Question: Can we remove Video/Photo scanner support?

- Yes, I never use this feature.
- NO! I use LMS to stream videos and photos to my TV and/or other
  streaming clients.
- What's the media scanner? Should I try it?
- I don't care.

I have never used LMS for video because I did not know it had the
capability.  Perhaps this is an information problem?

A few questions/issues to consider:
1.  What advantage does LMS have for pictures and video that cannot be
obtained via other options?
For example, one advantage LMS has over other music server options is
its ability to manage very large music collections as well as integrate
music from some streaming services.  (Or has Sonos increased its ability
for large music collections?)

2. Would improving LMS's handling of non-music media get more people to
use LMS?
My guess is probably no.  How many people converted their DVD libraries
onto hard drives?  The introduction of streaming services occurred early
enough before the cost and size of hard drives dropped to be very cheap.

3. Would dropping non-music media support free up time for Michael and
others to focus on more important improvements to LMS?

To answer the question, if support for non-music media was dropped, I
would not miss it.