RobbH wrote:

> Now that I open my eyes enough to see what's there, it's obvious that
> logrotate stopped processing scanner logs in April of last year. I
> assume that was a deliberate change, and I am sure there must have been
> a good reason for it.

The ”clue” does not show what you think it does.

What it almost certainly shows is that, on a number of days, your
scanner logs exceeded 200k in size. And that logrotate duly rotated them
as instructed, but before the next time the background scanner ran.

LMS erases the scanner log each time it starts a background scan, and
has done for for more years than I have fingers. But if it has already
been rotated, then there is nothing to erase !

Perhaps you had set some unusually verbose logging options for the
period in question.

But it is, I think, an “unintended” result. Perhaps LMS’ logrotate
configuration might be modified so as not to rotate the scanner log.
Refer to the installed configuration file in /etc/logrotate.d. I don’t
think I’d bother changing it.