The post by FLACforever rings a bit true for my situation as well. I am
using SBT (X2) and the new Spotify plugin. Service from Spotify is very
erratic through it. My laptop on the same network has no problems. Our
broadband is more than adequate for streaming Netflix in HD, and similar
to FLACforever's speed ours varies day to day but is usually around
3.1Mbps, over a copper phone line.

Problem 1: at times, constant rebuffering during streaming that is so
bad I give up and either use Pandora (which streams perfectly) of from
my own library. I like to use Spotify as it fits well with DSTM,

Problem 2: often when I start the system, or change to Spotify from my
own library, I can search Spotify without problem and select an album,
station, or tracks, but when trying to play it an error message "unable
to contact Spotify server" (or similar) displays. I try to persevere by
reselcting, skipping forward, backward, etc. but the message continues
to appear,

Problem 3: after i give up on Spotify and then select a playlist or
album from my own library, an error message continues to display
regarding being unable to contact the Spotify server. It eventually
stops displaying after several minutes.

Problem 4: often when Spotify is working well, a son in a Spotify
playlist or album will end and the SBT goes into pause, and I have to
select play again to continue

I am putting up with the issues as they come and go. When it is working
it is great!

Regards, David