vhs wrote:
> Is there a better way to get BBC channels in the UK via MySqueezebox.com
> (when I choose not to use LMS and your iPlayer app if my iMac is off)?

Without a local LMS the only playable stream form BBC will be the MP3
ones. So 128kbps is max and BBC do not provide any in-stream metadata or
logos.

If you are outside the UK - using Tune-in will allow you to play BBC and
have a logo - no other data.

The BBC Radio applet has been updated (possibly via a manual remote file
copy) to play live stream - again logo only no data . Listen again is
broken as Applet support FlashAAC which is no longer used by BBC.

Consider a local LMS (even a pi-zero just for radio) as Radio cannot
handle https which is causing more and more stations to be unplayable
over mysqueezebox.com.

BBC have indicated that MP3 stream are for legacy devices and that could
imply at some time in the future they will be shut down in favour of HLS
and DASH.