On 01/21/2015 12:17 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

On 21/01/2015 10:57 p.m., Tsantilas Christos wrote:
On 01/20/2015 02:55 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 01/16/2015 08:51 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 16/01/2015 11:29 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
In SMP, there is only one Coordinator process, created by
the Master process.

All SMP kids (Coordinator, workers, and diskers) are started
by the Master process. There are no multiple levels as far as
kid startup and waiting are concerned and, hence, there is no
"level deeper than the master can see".

Hmm, okay. Then I have no problem per-se to this change of
esponsibility.

Great, thank you.

I do still think the coordinator needs to remain active until
last out of the kids though, so they can still use it to
coordinate during their shutdowns. Having it be the first up
and last down would solve a few architectural problems where
kids need to to collaborate on things, like log rotations or
broadcasting their availability.

Agreed!

This patch does not prevent coordinator process exit before the
workers, but also current squid does not guarantees that the
coordinator will exit after workers. I agree that we need to
implement it, but looks that this is out of the scope of this
patch.

If there is not any objection I will apply this patch as is for
now.

Okay, lets give it a try.

Can you please though make sure all the new functions use the Squid
coding style instead of the one you keep slipping in. Squid style is
this in .cc files:

  type
  functionName(...)
  {
     ... code ...
  }

Hmm...
I found 1-2 cases... I will fix while applying to trunk ....

Cheers
Amos