Hi Nathan,

 The patch works.

However I believe It is not good idea to configure SSL_CTX objects while we are setting parameters to an SSL object.
A SSL_CTX object is common to many SSL objects.

Instead of setting SSL_CTX object from configureSSLUsingPkeyAndCertFromMemory I am suggesting a new method "configureUnconfigureCTX()" which does the job:

Then inside client_side use:

 bool ret = Ssl::configureSSLUsingPkeyAndCertFromMemory(...);
  if (!ret)
        debugs(33, 5, "mpla mpla");
 SSL_CTX *sslContext = SSL_get_SSL_CTX(ssl);
 ret = configureUnconfigureCTX(sslContext,..., signAlgorithm)

OR

  Ssl::configureSSL(ssl, certProperties, *port))
  SSL_CTX *sslContext = SSL_get_SSL_CTX(ssl);
  ret = configureUnconfigureCTX(sslContext,..., signAlgorithm)

Probably the above should be wrapped to a new method.
Or maybe a new function which its name says that both CTX and SSL objects are modified.