On 07/19/2016 10:36 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 20/07/2016 5:01 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:

>>> Okay. I was just thinking an on/off directive for now. So people could
>>> restore the old behaviour, or go ahead with the new logs.

>> An ACL is the right way to control what gets logged ...
>>
>> Which ACL(s) to add depends on the final version of the new logging
>> code, requires careful thinking, and may require non-trivial
>> development. We want to keep all of that outside this project scope.
>> Amos, if we assume that this patch does not add new ACLs or directives,
>> are you happy with what it logs now or do you want Eduard to exclude
>> something?

> Hmm. Good point.
>
> The 'problem' with ACLs was not the lack of checks, it is that the URL
> ones we already have use exclusively the HttpRequest URL and complain
> when one is not existing. It might be easier to extend those to use the
> error:* URL, in the same way the log itself is getting it for display.

Agreed: It might be easier. The point is that whether the problem is the
lack of ACLs, imperfect implementation of existing ACLs, a combination
of both, or something else, it is a non-trivial question that should be
carefully researched and answered in another project IMO.

If we assume that this patch does not add new ACLs or directives, and
does not adjust existing ones, are you happy with what it logs now or do

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-dev/2016-July/006146.html

> I'm asking for "error:accept-client-connection"

Sounds good to me.

Thank you,

Alex.