On 4/4/20 4:54 AM, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

>    astyle is a bit of PITA, maybe we can replace it with clang-format?
> It seems to me it has more power and flexibility, and its config could
> be stored in the source tree itself.

I would expect clang-format to be overall better than astyle, but
somebody would need to reformat Squid using a reasonable clang
configuration, share the diff, and honestly analyze specific advantages
and disadvantages of using clang before an informed decision can be made.

BTW, astyle configuration can also be stored in the repository AFAICT:
http://astyle.sourceforge.net/astyle.html#_Option_Files

Alex.