On 6/12/21 12:11, Andrej Mikus wrote:
Hi,

I would like to find some information about wccp servers (routers,
firewalls, etc) that are officially supported and therefore tested for
compatibility. I thought there would be this kind of page published in
squid wiki but failed to locate one.

Since the recent update squid does not accept wccp packets sent by Cisco
IOS 15.8(3)M2 claiming there is duplicate security definition.

Is there any way to get in touch with the developper responsible for the
security patch and request his comments? I do not have access to other
Cisco hardware, and I would like to know if the update was confirmed
working for example against a CSR1000v.

I have first reported the issue to Ubuntu since I am running 18.04, but
today confirmed that recent versions of squid fail as well. Prior
creating a new entry at https://bugs.squid-cache.org/ I would appreciate
your guidance.

Regards
Andrej Mikus

Hi Andrej,

Alex has summarized the state of things pretty accurately. Since CVE is already public please feel free to open a bug report on our Bugzilla. That will help with getting the fix backported to official releases.

If you are able to do the testing I am happy to try and fix it for you.

Amos