To: "Amos Jeffries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: squid3-ipv6

Before I sign up at sourceforge and ask to join in the development I thou=
ght=20
it would be good to contact you developers and find out what the current=20
state actually is.

Current state of Squid3-ipv6 is that there is no maintainer working on
the IPV6 code and tidying it up into pieces suitable for merging or
completing the missing pieces if any.

Has it actually gone stale?

Currently unknown, but quite likely not much work is needed to make it
compile again.

and why?

Lack of attention from developers working in IPv6 environments. None of
the current active Squid developers have IPv6 connectivity.

is it something only an experienced squid person can handle?

Experience is more needed in the area of general C + ipv6 programming
than Squid. We'll happily provide assistance on any squid specifics.

or can someone like myself with a need and time=20
help to push it further with more coding?

Absolutely.

So get yourself subscribed to squid-dev and signed up for a sourceforge
account and start digging into the code, please!

Note: Squid-2 IPv6 apparently just got some attention. Another developer
just posted information about his IPv6 squid work about the same time as
you.
<url:http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dsquid-dev&m=3D116783428506284&w=3D2>

Regards
Henrik