indicating the autor of the change

Author: Name <email>

Next a short summary of the change. Approximately one line.

Then a blank line

Followed by a full description of the change.

The first two lines (Author:, and the summary) is picked up by the
changeset tools.

Could you put this into the default CVS commit templates?

Adrian

While you are adjusting cvs....

is there a good reason for the squid-cvs email being in default diff format?

I think we would all find it a little more useful reading and using updates if that email could be a unified diff.

Amos