Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
ons 2007-05-02 klockan 17:53 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

'Name thy OS' would be those seen in squid-users where people are stuck with old 2.6 or 2.5 etc. The culprits seemed to be RedHat and CentOS.

RedHat already provides up to date builds for RHEL. Not officially
supported, but at least provided..

Also, the Fedora SRPMS rebuilds just fine on RHEL.

The culpit with most RHEL users is that their management does not allow
them upgrades outside RHEL, so they are stuck with whatever RedHat
provides in their support channel. And for some reason most Centos users
seems to reason the same, but without being bound to a support channel..

What I think we should do is to provide a repository of vendor
distributions. There is many, and supricingly many users don't know
where to find the latest version from their vendor.

Regards
Henrik

That was my initial suggestion. I'm all for an 'official release builds' page for both supported versions. Linked either from the main index and from the /v2/2.6/* , /v3/3.0/* pages.

Compile farm was more of an idea to fill the obvious gaps without giving any of us more work.

Amos