On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Kinkie wrote:

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Henrik
Nordstrom<hen...@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
squid.conf option for tuning when to keep objects in memory.

+1 for the change :)

Henrik, please commit if you do not hear any objections. I am looking forward to benchmarking this important change.

(adri pointed out on IRC that it may put more pressure on cache_mem,
so some tweaks may be warranted)

Also, a possible improvement might be to use a fast reply ACL lookup
instead of (or in addition to) the config-wide flag to define what
goes back into cache_mem.

An ACL that controls what goes into mem_cache may be useful but I would not tie it to the source of the object (disk versus network), at least not as the first enhancement.

Thanks,

Alex.