mån 2009-09-28 klockan 12:21 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
¨
> If you like, I thought the point of your change was that one of the
> libraries missing was not fatal.

Neither is required for enabling ESI. There is also the default "custom"
parser which is self-contained and always built.

> And that --with-X meant only that X should
> be used if possible.  Possibly the absence of both is fatal, in which case
> the WARN at the end of my change should be made an ERROR again.

The parsers are best seen as "plugins", adding features.

One selects at runtime via the esi_parser squid.conf directive which
parser to use among the available ones.

The point of having configure options for these is only to get a
controlled build where one knows what features have been enabled if the
build was successful, and where building fails if those features can not
be built.

Regards
Henrik