lör 2010-05-29 klockan 01:59 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Hmm, being drop-in. Then this would be all that is needed adding to
> configure.in yes?
>
>    AC_SEARCH_LIBS([malloc],[tcmalloc gnumalloc malloc])

Correct.

We may also want to add some support for mgr:mem page and stuff, but
that's extra bonus.

>    tcmalloc
>    jemalloc
>    ptmalloc3
>    nedmalloc
>    ptmalloc2
>    malloc

> * tcmalloc seems to be faster for smaller sized allocations but
> otherwise on par with jemalloc.
>
> Some others I could not find easy benchmarks on:
>    gnumalloc
>    dlmalloc
>    phkmalloc

c?

All of the above (both groups) provide malloc type interface, which
means they drop right in. Just need to be a little careful with our use
of mallinfo. From what I know we only use malloc, calloc, free and
mallinfo.

any plugins or third-party libraries also need the same concern if we
use a malloc implementation not fully providing the same functions as
the system malloc.

Regards
Henrik