On 18/08/2013 9:32 a.m., Markus Moeller wrote:
Hi,

I am look at a way to provide information in addition to the username from the auth helper to the external acl helper

Can I use kv pairs in squid 3.4 ? I see there is a kv pair group= . Does it mean the auth helper can return details which will be used by the external acl helper ?

Thank you
Markus

Yes kv-pairs are supported in 3.4.

I reserved group= so the auth helper can do exactly that. For usage in either external ACL helpers, or in a "group" type ACL. However, at present the internal parts of Squid do not exist to do anything with it. The planned definition is to have helpers return one "group=" kv-pair for each group the auth helper can identify and attach them as annotation data to the credentials pair.

Amos