Hey,

I configured the basic_ldap_helper from Squid to my LDAP. Everytime I open the
browser I am forced to re-auth. All of them except for Internet Explorer..But
who uses IE anyways? It seems like this is not a Squid issue, but a browser
thing.

Found this post asking the same question:
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Ldap-Authen-AD-how-to-make-authentication-persistent-td3604487.html
 and it

There were two suggestions that stood out:

There used to be a "authenticate_ip_shortcircuit_ttl" option in squid 2.7 that
when authenticated successfully, it would remember the users IP for X amount of
time and would let you avoid logging in every time you reopen your browser.
They removed that in later versions unfortunately, I guess because someone
could take over your IP and would be able to authenticate as you(which is not a
concern to me, at all).

The other suggestion would be to use an external ACL helper but they did not
include one or any example in the post.

Would anyone happen to have an example of a helper that does this or some other
way I can go about pulling this off?

Thanks in advance.

Mike