On 30/07/17 22:02, Jason Haar wrote:
Hi there

We're running squid-3.5.23 and use ICAP (if that makes a difference)

We also use logformat to include certain details in the logs - but I can't see an option for including the actual IP address that squid uses when attempting to fulfil an URL request. eg squid gets told to go to twitter.com <http://twitter.com>, resolves that to 4 IPs, tries 1st - fails, tries 2nd - succeeds. I'd like to record that IP in the logs along with everything else. I can see variables for recording the client and squid-server IP - but not the web server?

Is that possible? I'm sure older (3.2) squid used to do that by default? (DIRECT/1.2.3.4? <http://1.2.3.4?>). All our logs are now "HIER_DIRECT"

The code you are looking for is %<a .
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/>
"Server IP address of the last server or peer connection"

Amos